Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Decor Of Christmas!

I LOVE Christmas time! I love the atmosphere is creates, I love what we celebrate in Jesus's birth, I love buying gifts and blessing people... I love it all. However, there are a few downers to this year. One being that we are renovating the big house (parents house) and there is stuff all over the place and new paint, new base boards, etc. It is looking really nice though. But with that, mom decided she wasnt going to go "all out" this year with decorations. Its kinda sad because this is our last Christmas in this house. Oh well, I have been enjoying seeing the decorations go up and I know they will make Christmas more enjoyable. I finished their big tree today for them. It looks better than I expected. Lol. I decorated a little in my "lady cave" with a tree, some little christmas decorations on my mantle, and little baby stockings. There is also a lighted, wreath that looks like a candy cane, (maybe not a wreath then) inbetween my windows on the outside. I also made a wreath for my door this year, but I was not impressed with it at all, so its inside on the couch until I can figure what to do with it. Is it just me or is Christmas coming way to fast? I mean I have not even been able to shop yet, lack of money doesn't help, but still. I also wish Chris was here to enjoy all the festivities that come along with Christmas. Like parties, going to Bellingath Gardens (which I have never been to, we always went to Callaway in Georgia), Family outings, decorating...etc. But that will all change by next year, hopefully. However, needless to say, I am glad he is working. :)

Some of my favs or decor...

I finished mom and dad's tree this morning

One of my favorite little ornaments... Drummer boy! This particular one is old!




Foyer decor

part of the manger scene on the mantel

Middle part of manger scene

Last part of manger scene

one wreath on parents house

Santa welcomes you!

Mom's front doors...always look nice at Christmas

even the lights outside are up!

My candy cane wreath on my lady cave!

mini decor tree on my mantle

another one

Charlie's stocking!

Sophie's stocking

I LOVE Christmas candles and apple cinnamon smells!

My little tree...hehe (it looks a lot better in person!)

in the dark...

I did simple decor on the tree this year... ice cycles

No comments:

Post a Comment