Friday, December 9, 2011

Date Texting and More New Things 101

Chris and I have had to find new ways to keep our relationship fresh and fun while we are so far apart from each other. As I have mentioned before we have both decided that every day we will send each other a picture of something interesting, cool, ourselves, crazy...etc. that was apart of our day. I have really enjoyed doing this. I love pictures anyway, but being able to see little parts of his life on the road makes me feel a little better about him being gone. It is also creating good memories. I call it our "date texting" haha.

Yesterday he sent me pictures of them going through some beautiful mountainous areas that were still a beautiful green. He had finally gotten out of the snow and ice areas of the states.






Then today I asked him what he was doing and he sent me a picture of this little grill sitting outside of the truck. I laughed when I saw this picture. Even being on the road for long periods of time is no excuse not to BBQ. Lol. I thought it was so cute. Oh what I would do to be able to be with him on these adventures! Needless to say, the food turned out looking yummy!!




Unique way of dating huh? I think so. But it works! I call our relationship "semi long distance" lol. I will be so glad when he gets home and we can take pictures of our memories together. I don't know why I like photos so much. Perhaps it is because I like to share the good things in my life with others... perhaps I just like the appearance of things. Who knows. But I do get a great enjoyment out of it!

There are a lot of down sides to this job and him being gone so much. So many things are unsteady. I know he loves his job and I would not want to take it from him, but something has to change one day. ;) I am patient though. But patience doesn't excuse missing him.

This morning I got two other text messages that contained these pictures...

I love waking up to seeing his face!! Even though it is a blurry picture...haha. God has really blessed me with a good man. I could not be more happy with him. He is a hard working, good Christian man, who cherishes me and is willing to do anything to make me happy...even if it means giving up some things. He has already shown me that. He is apart of a good family to. Which means I am becoming apart of a good family... I couldn't ask for anything better. Now...If Christmas week will just hurry up and get here and slow down once its here and last a while! Hehe... <3 <3

I have also been trying out some more new things...including... Wool Socks!



Because it has been just that cold! Lol. I am most certainly not a sock person...I never have been. I barely like my feet to be covered period! But, when the weather is like this and the heater isn't putting out like it should, I will sacrifice! I have also tried the invention that so many people from around the world have been using for so long... the dreaded "selling on ebay". I didn't want to do it...but I have to sell this bridesmaid dress!
We will see how this online stuff works out!!!


Things that I have noticed that I am addicted to this winter season...





Yep...Hot chocolate and I love Lucy! At night when its nice and cold...nothing is better than watching I Love Lucy wrapped in the covers with a cup of hot coco...well ok, so I can think of one thing better... My baby being with me while I enjoy these two things! Oh those days are hopefully soon to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment