Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Spending time with Dad

This past weekend I decided that I was going to New Orleans to spend some time with my dad because I haven't gotten to in a long time. So far, its been nice! Yesterday I went with him to his job site and watched them work and was very interested in the two cranes lifting a, I think he said 47 ton, peice of equiptment. Then went up into the equiptment room to watch them pull it in and hook everything up. Very interesting process! These guys did a lot of hard work too... You dont really realize how things are put together until you go see them for yourself and see the ins and outs of putting together the things that make our lives so much easier. It amazes me how far back and how much harder the jobs get and go...You have the finished building with nice cool air, behind it, are cranes, hard hats, sweaty men, lifters, etc. Behind them are the people who take materials and put the machines together. Behind them are the manufactors for each peice of copper, steele, wheel, handle, etc. And it just keeps on going. It makes you think...














But, I have really enjoyed learning! Here are some pics of yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment