Monday, October 10, 2011

Being That "Happy Girl" I Was Meant To Be

I would like to introduce you to Chris Mcgowan....
One of the bigger sources of my happiness. Between God, Chris, me learning and becoming my "own", and my parents become more of a friend as I get older...I am finding the happiness in being me, and am becoming the happy girl I was meant to be.

I am starting to realize how I truly feel about things in life. I am learning to "separate" my life from those around me and even my parents. Although they will ALWAYS be my parents, I am no longer a "child", I am their grown adult daughter. I have come to realize that I will not always do what they like, nor will I always have to have their approval. And boy, that's even a hard one to swallow as a daughter. Growing up, I always wanted to please my parents, I did everything, with a few small exceptions, with their approval. Even now, almost 22, I still act in a "I wanna make sure mom and dad dont get mad" kinda way. Where this is good behavior, it can also hinder whats really deep down inside me from coming out. I am seeing that my views are not the same on a few issues, and I am learning that I am a little more accepting of a few things than my family, in its entirety. But, its okay! I am finding joy in this! I am finding happiness in accepting that I "CAN BE DIFFERENT" than my family members. Where there is love...acceptance will follow, from both ends.

In just about two weeks, I am setting off on a journey by myself to Oklahoma and Arkansas. I will be going to one, see family and friends, but also to see what is available in those areas that I may want to adventure to. But then I also am planning on checking out Mississippi and surrounding "southern states" as well.

I have A LOT of changes coming up...ie: Weight loss surgery, moving, parents moving, Jared moving, new jobs, money changes, getting rid of my doggies :( , a new relationship, and other things.

So in ALL of this... I am having to remember, always set out to be the happy girl you were meant to be! Trust God, go to Him with EVERYTHING...and I wont go wrong! :)

Here are some pics from Chris's and I's date this past Friday...
Our First "couples picture"

Where we had out picnic lunch


Chris being cute

Showing off the beautiful lake

At the fair, in the petting zoo

Didn't...THINK...we would be scared...

but we were scared...haha...a quick smile

fruit...so yummy!

Sporting his new wig!

This bunny was SO soft! 

No comments:

Post a Comment