Thursday, November 3, 2011

Worry About The KINGDOM GROWTH...Not Chruch Growth

Last night was the first night of The Great Awakening event at my church with Pastor Daniel McGee, whom is from Tampa, FL. out of the Rodney Howard Browne Ministries (revival ministries). First off let me tell you about worship. I felt so good up there. Those of us on the worship team had a chance to sit there and focus on where we needed to be in order to usher in the worship. The music sounded wonderful to my ears. The third song was a little shaky but mainly because it was the first night that we had ever sung that song and hadn't had a chance to practice it. But still, all in all, worship was exactly what it needed to be.

Pastor McGee started talking on having the "hungry heart" and starving to know more about God and starving to have the power to heal, evangelize...etc. That when we have true faith...we have works that follow it up.
Matthew 5: 6 "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."
He went into the Book of Acts. How this book should be the operation of the church. We still have the power that is available to us by God. Acts 1: 8 "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth!" As in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Acts...we are called to "Demonstrate that Jesus is alive!" We are to seek the Holy fire of God. Matthew 3:11 " I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. His winnowing fork is in his hand, he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire." Meaning this: Open your heart up to the Lord and all those things of the world, those stresses, the hurts, pain, anger, evil...all of it, he will come in and BURN it all out with UNQUENCHABLE FIRE! For there you will be set free!

About the anointing... ALL of us can have it! It is meant for EVERYONE! God is not a choosy God, he is not looking for millions do go, he is looking for a small group...at this time, and the more we go and save, the more those will go and save...2 turn into to 200, 200 turn into 2000, 2000 turn into 2 million....The numbers will turn with one person taking the first step. Will you be that person for your area? Will you be that person for your city? Will you be that person even for your family? Luke 4: 16-19 "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor." This same anointing that Jesus is talking about here is the same that we can also have. The anointing comes on the church for the same purpose it came to Jesus. It is for all of us, not just ministers and pastors...etc.

When do churches stop worrying about what size building they have, how many cameras they have to RECORD, how many chairs to have available, what sound system to use... When do churches stop and listen, and GET out there for God. It is about the growth of the KINGDOM...nothing else. Remember...YOU are the church. So this is talking to us as individuals just as well as groups of people. You are RESPONSIBLE because the Lord said, "go yee, unto alllll the world!"

A lot of people will tell you that these supernatural works are not needed anymore and that we dont practice them...But read it. New Testament states we can have the power. And the church will rise!

If you are not saved and want to be saved...and its IN YOUR HEART! Recite this:
" Dear Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Forgive me of my sin. Wash me and cleanse me. Set me free. Jesus, thank you that you died for me. I believe that you are risen from the dead and that you are coming back again for me. Fill me with the Holy Spirit. Give me a passion for the lost, a hunger for the things of God and a holy boldness to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am saved! I am born again, I am forgiven and I am on my way to Heaven because I have Jesus in my heart."

Because you made a decision to be saved, all of your sins are forgiven. Always remember to run TO GOD and not FROM GOD because He loves you and has a great plan for your life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment