Monday, February 21, 2011

Guess what is new!!!

So, I have not been on here in ages! My life has changed so much, been turned sideways, upside down, flipped...what ever else you would want to call it.

First off let me start by, John and I are no longer together. It was kind of a mutual decision, but I feel I hurt him more than he hurt me. I really hate that things had to end, but I know that deep down it was the right decision. Before getting married, we had to make sure and I need a confirmation, and I never got it. I still cherish him and wish and pray for the best for him and his life. Just another chapter turned and ended.

I have started a new job as an administrative assistant/accounts payable at an retirement community here in Mobile. The residents here are amazing. I love talking to them and they treat me so well. Although I am not always as happy as I should be, I am truly thankful to be employed and have an income coming in again.

I left the church that I had attended for so long, in search for something new. In search for a place that was different and expected different than the "usual". I went looking for a place that catered more towards the "young adults" and also let God move and do what ever he wanted instead of sticking to a schedule!

Ended up, Rachel and I visited several churches and came across New Life Community. The first time that I walked in those doors I was over whelmed with love and expectation! I have been attending there several weeks, and last week joined the church. In just a few short weeks, my soul has been fed and I have learned and been forgiven and have even forgiven myself! This church does not have a young adults group...but, God has given me a vision...and I am thinking that it won't be like that for long :) Enough on that...Lol. However, the unity within this church amazes me! They are fairly small, but my goodness, talk about family! I honestly have never seen anything like it, you have to see it and feel it before you know what I am talking about. I have had a life change, I am happier, more joyful, more graceful. I do face my everyday trials...just like today I wanted to chunk the computer out the window at work because I was so frustrated at the administrator and then my computer messed up, BUT I was able to make it through the day by the grace of God.

I am back on the "dating" scene. Just having a good time! I do believe that God will open the doors and he will lead the right man to me in his timing. I have to remind myself that everyday! Its not about what I want, it is about what God has planned for me! And if I do not strive to have what he has for me already, I will never be truly happy.

This year I am: having a major surgery done, hopefully, that will change my life completely, going to HAITI for my best friends wedding!, going to start up a ministry, spend time with the homeless, serve God in any way possible, and I am going to live! What more could you ask for! Just live!

I am so excited about what is in store for me!! I plan to keep up with this blog a lot more now! It is not always easy to find time to sit and write, but I know how therapeutic it can be!

God Bless you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment