Thursday, January 6, 2011

So Much Bad...to little good.

Last night was a weird, bad, emotional, frightening, whatever else you want to call it, night. Around 11:30, I was just settling into bed, watching a movie on the Wii, when a noise that I could not possibly describe, echoed through the walls of our house. A BOOM BOOM BOOM, BOOOOOOOM...outside, sounding like it was coming through our house. The power struck out, and all three (dad was in NO) of us jumped out and into the hallway. We put on clothes, scared and worried, ran outside, and saw an SUV turned over in our yard. Over the years this has become a common site. Every six months or so, we end up having a drunk person and their car flipped in our front yard. No thanks to the massive and sharp curve right in front of our house. While calling 911, Jared helped him out of the upturned side of his Chevy, a dazed, confused, hurt, drunk man came out. I was worried sick. While on the phone with the police station, Jared was checking out the car making sure no one else was in the car...I turned around to check on the man, he pleaded he needed no ambulance...i begged to differ.

By the time I had inspected the vehicle, I heard Bama(our dog) barking bloody murder, and the drunk guy was gone. He had jumped our electrical fence and ran off.

Inspecting the damage...awful. Power pole COMPLETELY snapped, wires shredded, ground dug up, 4 signs dragged down, lots of glass...etc. and the power was out all up and down the street. The damage will explain itself in the pictures.

By the time the State tropper, and some other fellows showed up, nothing had changed, until...

About a hour and a half into the inspection/cleanup process, there was a baracade on either side of the power lines...all I remember is hearing all these people screaming and the sight of a Tacoma truck racing through the baracade and coming around that corner in the wrong lane...not stopping. First thought through my mind..."another wreck, this time straight into the power pole lying on the street...big explosion". However, the state tropper and others were able to stop him about 10 from this "night/day dream explosion" of mine, and immediatley the driver was arrested. He had two girls with him also. He was drunk to. The girls were taken into custody but I didnt get to ask about them after being so cold that I deciede to retrieve to the porch with my family and neighbors.

Four drunks...two trucks...

We do not know what happened to the guy in the wrecked vehicle...Whether he is dead or alive.

This morning we finally got power back. I am very thankful for the men that come out of their comfy, warm homes, to help us.

On top of this...I have seen a lot of bad things lately. Yesterday on along with the wreck...an elderly couples house was burnt down to the ground in our area, a little boy was struck and killed by a vehicle a few miles down the road, and the wrecker that came to our house said there had been four more drunk accidents within the past three hours of when the wreck at our house was.

Today, three houses down, an elderly man was being taken wrapped up by an ambulance, we drove down the road a ways, and saw cop cars and ambulances at an elderly place, then alert cops driving up and down 98. I have known several people to die lately to...

Needless to say, I am kinda scared. I am scared to drive around the curve in front of my house, in fear that I may not make it around due to a drunk driver. I am in fear that one day, the vehicles will miss a block from the road and make it into or in contact to my house or a neighbor and really hurting or killing someone. It alwasy seems the drunks live...the innocent die.

What is happening to the world? Maybe I am just not realizing it...and it has been going on forever.

We can only pray...






This is the second truck...more drunks!

No comments:

Post a Comment