Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Starbucks Nights

It's another night at Starbucks! I am in a comfy chair tonight! Woo-hoo! I sometimes sit and observe people around me, people watch I guess you could say. It's amazing the stuff you can learn and hear from different people around you. For instance, there is an older couple in here tonight and I assume the man can't hear very well so they are practically yelling their conversation. Lol. As follows: Man-" what did you say?" Woman-" I said we need to take your belt back." Man-"why I'll loose the weight to fit it." Woman-"you've been 'loosing that weight' since you put on your last 30." HAHA. I couldn't help but smile. Now they are off to politics, I think I'll turn off my ears now. 

Meanwhile a table away from the older couple is a group of three college age students who are very immature. They are talking about smoking, vandalism, getting kicked out of class, and breakups. One girl is very loud and turned to the older man (whom I was talking about earlier, and whom is also exercising his rights to carry a gun on his hip, which none else has bothered to even think about) and said, "OMG do you have a gun!?!" He then replied, "mam, thats my business don't you think." Oh boy my heart skipped a small beat. She then went on to act like a rotten girl and acted out saying "well excuse me, I was just asking, oh my I don't feel safe anymore, I wanna go smoke...yada yada yada." Then the man said...verbatim, "That cigarette has a bigger chance of killing you than my gun." I applauded him! 

People crack me up! The world we live in today is just something else. 
Now that the college kids have gone the two older couple are laughing and talking to the employees here and I love seeing the positive interaction. 

Now, enough of sharing of the people watch, today has been a good but tiring day! I got home from work about 5 and passed out fairly quickly for a hour or so nap. I didn't even mean to but I guess I needed it. The rest of the week is going to be pretty busy so sleep will come sweetly. 

A lot has been going through my mind the past few days. I am starting a book called "Crazy Love" with my small group. I am excited about it and I hope it can help shape and grow my relationship with God over the next few weeks as we read through and discuss it. I am actually starting chapter one tonight. Its called "stop praying"... We will see what happens! 

I guess this is it for tonight... unless something brilliant crosses my mind :) 

For your people watching eyes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment